How to get the patch numbers from merged patch:
In this post, I will explain you how to get patch numbers from ad_applied_patches when you previousply applied merged patch.
You can apply multiple patches in oracle applications using merged patch utility. If you apply merged patch, it will be updated in the ad_applied_patches table with patch_name like ‘merged,’ but it won’t show what are the patches you have applied previously and it’s numbers. To know what are the patches you have merged, see the procedure here:
1. Query the ad_applied_patches with the following the details:
select APPLIED_PATCH_ID,PATCH_NAME,MERGE_DATE from ad_applied_patches where PATCH_NAME like ‘%merg%’;
2. Now using patch_id from 1st step, get driver_id from AD_PATCH_DRIVERS table.
select PATCH_DRIVER_ID,APPLIED_PATCH_ID,DRIVER_FILE_NAME,MERGED_DRIVER_FLAG from AD_PATCH_DRIVERS where APPLIED_PATCH_ID like ‘524’;
3. Now, using driver_id from 2nd step, get bug_id from AD_COMPRISING_PATCHES table.
select COMPRISING_PATCH_ID,BUG_ID from AD_COMPRISING_PATCHES where PATCH_DRIVER_ID like ‘562’;
4. Now using Bug_id from the 3rd step, get details of patches applied as part of a merged patch from ad_pugs table.
select BUG_NUMBER,CREATION_DATE,BUG_ID from ad_bugs where BUG_ID in (‘118552′,’118532′,’118522′,’118510’);
Now, you can see what are the bugs you have fixed…………..
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- ORA-39142: incompatible version number 5.1 in dump file - October 21, 2017
- Missing command fuser - October 13, 2017
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Released - September 9, 2017