Oracle Fusion Applications Architecture
Oracle Fusion Applications Architecture is set of business applications (CRM, HCM, HRMS, Financials..) deployed on Oracle Fusion Middleware (as middleware) and using Oracle Database as data repository .
1. Oracle Applications is delivered as a Suite (collection of modules), but can be adopted in modules (suset of Suite).
2. Various Modules in Fusion Applications are
a) Oracle Fusion CRM (Customer Relationship Management) – customers, contacts, and resources
b)Oracle Fusion Financials – assets, ledgers, cash cycle, invoices and payments, accounts receivable, collections, and setup of sub-ledger accounting and tax configuration
c) Oracle Fusion HCM (Human Capital Management) – Employee management for an organization
d) Oracle Fusion Procurement – procurement including requisitions, purchase orders, and supplier negotiations
e) Oracle Fusion PPM (Project Portfolio Management) – projects, budget, forecast, collect costs, bill customers, and report performance.
f) Oracle Fusion SCM (Supply Chain Management) – integrates and automates all key supply chain processes.
g) Oracle Fusion Setup – special product family for Functional Setup and setting up Home Page or Help.
h) Oracle Fusion GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) – automated controls enforcement to enable sustainable risk and compliance management.
3. EAR, JAR, and WAR
a) EAR is enterprise application archive (enterprise application) which contains JAR and WAR files.
b) JAR is Java application Archive which contains Java EE application.
c) WAR is Web application Archive which contains Web Application.
Each product in Fusion Application typically has one-to-one relationship with EAR file, for ex. EarSales.ear is an enterprise application for product Sales.
4. Product Families (CRM, HCM, Financials) mentioned above contains one or more Java EE applications and are deployed on Oracle WebLogic Server.
5. An application can contain multiple products, and a product can also span across multiple applications.
6.There are two type of components in Fusion Middleware , Java Components(deployed and managed by WebLogic) and System Component (managed by OPMN) and Fusion Applications uses both these components.
For basic concepts in Oracle Fusion Middleware click here
7. Oracle Fusion Applications consists of following components
a) Oracle Fusion Applications (CRM, HCM, Projects, Financials…)
b) Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure Components for Fusion Applications (Enterprise Scheduler, FMW Extension for Applications, Crawl & Search and Functional Setup Manager)
Note: Enterprise Scheduler is similar to Concurrent Manager in EBS 11i/R12
c) Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic, OHS, WebGate, OWSM, ADF, OBIEE, ODI, ECM, IDAM, IDM, WebCenter, SOA, OWSM..)
8. Task of Fusion Applications Administrators
a) Installation and Deployment
b) Management & Availability
e) Backup & Recovery
f)Patching (Fusion Applications Patch Manager, AutoPatch, AD Controller)
9.Oracle Fusion Applications is currently available for Linux x86-64 from eDelivery edelivery
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.6 VM Template Deployment - May 6, 2017
- Weblogic Zero Downtime Patching - May 1, 2017
- OAM Integration With Oracle Apps R12.2.x - March 10, 2017