In Oracle Apps R12.2 what will happen when we run adop phase=prepare ??
1. Checks that the environment is set to the run APPL_TOP.
2. Checks whether to perform a cleanup, which will be needed if the user failed to invoke cleanup after the cutover phase of a previous online patching cycle.
3. Checks to see if the database is prepared for online patching:
- Checks that the FILE_EDITION environment variable value is set to ‘run
- Checks to see if enough space is available in the database (SYSTEM tablespace should have minimum of 25 GB of free space and APPS_TS_SEED tablespace should have minimum of 5 GB of free space)
4. Checks the file system, using the TXK script $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSanityCheck.pl. This script checks for the file system space, database connections, Apps/System/Weblogic Passwords, Contextfile Validation and so on
5. Produces a report showing information about the most important tablespaces is generated. This report is created in $APPL_TOP/admin/$TWO_TASK/out.
6. Checks for the existence of the “Online Patching In Progress” (ADZDPATCH) concurrent program. This program prevents certain predefined concurrent programs from being started, and as such needs to be active while a patching cycle is in progress.
7. Invokes the TXK script $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl to synchronize the patches which have been applied to the run appltop.
8. Checks the database for the existence of a patch edition, and creates one if it does not find one
- A patch edition is created in the database.
- All code objects in the patch edition begin as pointers to code objects in the run edition. Code objects in the patch edition begin as lightweight “stub objects” that point to the actual object definitions, which are inherited from earlier editions. Stub objects consume minimal space, so the database patch edition is initially very small in size.
- As patches are applied to the patch edition, code objects are actualized (have a new definition created) in that edition.
9. Calls the $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkADOPPreparePhaseSanityCheck.pl script again to confirm that the database connection to the patch edition is working.
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Released - September 9, 2017
- PKI-02010: Invalid MAC for Wallet. Wallet verification failed - August 24, 2017
- ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment - August 7, 2017