Oracle Applications Database Failover Procedure
Failover Procedure is based on below architecture:
- Multi-Node E-Business Suite 12.1.3 is configured and running on Oracle RAC 11gR2 (Primary), which has Oracle RAC 11gR2 Standby (Secondary).
- Multi-Node E-Business Suite has standby site as well (It can be Active-Active or Active-Passive).
- We are testing Database failover (from Primary to Secondary) based on above architecture.
- Shutdown Multi-Node E-Business Suite applications Nodes.
- Perform DB failover to Standby
- Make sure Standby Database nodes context files has proper DB port numbers by comparing primary site
- Make sure Standby Database nodes context files has proper value under service name “dbService”
- Clean fnd_nodes table, so that primary node entries will be erased.
- Run Autoconfig on both the db nodes (New Primary); 2 times, and make sure it is successful and is not effecting any listener services.
- Login to each Application node and change the db hostnames to point to New DB hosts (New Primary)
- Run Autoconfig; two times, on all application nodes, make sure tnsnames.ora and context_file has proper db host values and service names.
- Start all application nodes and make sure each concurrent manager has their host details added if you have PCP enabled.
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master."
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- ORA-39142: incompatible version number 5.1 in dump file - October 21, 2017
- Missing command fuser - October 13, 2017
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Released - September 9, 2017