Oracle Policy Modeling is a desktop application used to build interactive interviews based on business requirements, complex policy and legislation. Using its Rule Engine, all the rules are written in natural language in Microsoft Word or Excel. It also requires BI Publisher Desktop Template Builder to develop rich text formats.
OPM Download Instructions
Oracle Policy Modelling is a desktop application which can be installed in developer machines to design and deploy policies on OPA Hub.
- Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/apps-tech/policy-automation/downloads/index.html
- Accept the License Agreement
- Click on “Oracle Policy Modeling” to download, which will redirect you to Oracle login page to login.
- Extract the downloaded zip (OPM_Aug2016_v126.96.36.1998.1.zip) file in your local machine.
- Double click on the exe file (Oracle_Policy_Modeling_Aug2016.exe) to install Oracle Policy Modeling Software.
- Once Installed, Go to “Programs” and click on “Policy Modeling” to open.
Template Builder Installation
Once BI Publisher Desktop provides a Template Builder that is used to develop the rich text format (RTF) file for an Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) form. The version of BI Publisher currently supported for use with OPA is 188.8.131.52.
To download and install BI Publisher for use with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA):
- Go to the Oracle BI Publisher Downloads page on the Oracle Technology Network (opens in new window).
- Scroll until you see “Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 184.108.40.206.0 for 64 bit Office on Windows”.
- Click on it to download BI Publisher Desktop package for your version of Microsoft Office.
- Double click on the downloaded exe file (BIPublisherDesktop64.exe) to install BI Publisher Desktop.
If the Template Builder is installed correctly, you will see the BI Publisher ribbon in Word.
OPA Hub Login
Once we install Oracle Policy Modeling and Template Builder, we need to login to OPA Hub through Policy Modeling.
- Go to “Programs” and click on “Policy Modeling” to open.
- Click on “Projects” tab.
- Click on “Hub Projects” which will pop up Hug Login page.
- Provide Hub URL, Username and Password to login to Hub.
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.6 VM Template Deployment - May 6, 2017
- Weblogic Zero Downtime Patching - May 1, 2017
- OAM Integration With Oracle Apps R12.2.x - March 10, 2017