New features of Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.x:
- 12.1.x has 10gAS as Webserver, but R12.2.x has Weblogic as Websever, which provides application server and clustering capabilities.
- In R12.2.x, we have flexibility to chose either 11g or 12c database while installing.
- In R12.2.x, we have option to install E-Business Suite on Oracl RAC & ASM.
- To install R12.2.x, first we need to install R12.2.0 then upgrade it to respective R12.2.x version. We don’t have option to directly install 12.2.6.
File System Changes:
- R12.2.x has dual file system (RUN/PATCH) to reduce the patching downtime.
- A new “EBSenv.env” is introduced to select RUN/PATCH file system.
- To centrally maintain patches and Concurrent log/out files (mainly in multi-node architecture), new fs_ne top is introduced, which contains $PATCH_TOP and $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG and $APPLCSF/$APPLOUT (it should be a shared mount if it is multi-node environment)
- In R12.2.x, patches should be extracted in $PATCH_TOP itself.
- In R12.2.x, patching can only be done using “adop.” Please check adop options HERE.
- Instead of running adpreclone and adcfgclone one time in R12.1, we need to do it two times in R12.2.x to configure RUN and PATCH file system. Check cloning procedure HERE.
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master."
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Released - September 9, 2017
- PKI-02010: Invalid MAC for Wallet. Wallet verification failed - August 24, 2017
- ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment - August 7, 2017