Starting from Weblogic Version 12.2.1, Oracle has introduced Zero Downtime (ZDT) Patching.
Zero Downtime means end-users can continue to access their applications throughout the entire patching operation without experiencing service interruption or loss of session data. Zero downtime can be achieved whenever enterprise requires Weblogic Patching, Update Java versions or Update Weblogic Applications in an automated rolling sequence.
Types of ZDT
- Rolling Out a Patched Oracle Home
- Rolling Out a New Java Version
- Rolling Out Updated Applications
Automatic Revert Capabilities
Zero Downtime feature also comes up with automatic revert capabilities option wherein unwanted changes can be easily rolled back, to restore the production environment to its orginal state.
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- ORA-39142: incompatible version number 5.1 in dump file - October 21, 2017
- Missing command fuser - October 13, 2017
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.7 Released - September 9, 2017