Starting from Weblogic Version 12.2.1, Oracle has introduced Zero Downtime (ZDT) Patching.
Zero Downtime means end-users can continue to access their applications throughout the entire patching operation without experiencing service interruption or loss of session data. Zero downtime can be achieved whenever enterprise requires Weblogic Patching, Update Java versions or Update Weblogic Applications in an automated rolling sequence.
Types of ZDT
- Rolling Out a Patched Oracle Home
- Rolling Out a New Java Version
- Rolling Out Updated Applications
Automatic Revert Capabilities
Zero Downtime feature also comes up with automatic revert capabilities option wherein unwanted changes can be easily rolled back, to restore the production environment to its orginal state.
Latest posts by Nagulu Polagani (see all)
- ORA-65500: could not modify DB_UNIQUE_NAME, resource exists - December 13, 2017
- OPW-00019: Failed to update the CRS resource with DB password file location - December 13, 2017
- ORA-16698: LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameter set for object to be added - December 13, 2017