How to merge Oracle Applications patches
Merging apps patches will be useful when you want to reduce the downtime for patch application
Simple steps to merge two patches.
1. Download two required apps patches (Patch1.zip) and (Patch2.zip).
2. Create one source directory (for e.g. source)
3. Unzip two apps patches into src directory.
4. Create one destination directory (for e.g. destination)
5. Source the Apps env and issue the following command.
6. Perl <ad_top>/bin/admerge.pl –s source –d destination
7. Patch is merged and created u_merged.drv.
Use this u_merged.drv file for adpatch application