What will happen When you run Adpreclone and Adcfgclone
On Source Machine
When you run “adpreclone.pl dbTier” on DB side
- It will create following directories in the ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/cloneJlib, db, data where “Jlib” relates to libraries “db” will contain the techstack information, “data” will contain the information related to datafiles and required for cloning.
- Creates driver files at ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/driver/instconf.drv
- Converts inventory from binary to xml, the xml file is located at $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/context/db/Sid_context.xml
- Prepare database for cloning: This includes creating database control file script and datafile location information file at
- $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/templateadcrdbclone.sql, dbfinfo.lst
- Generates database creation driver file at ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/data/driverdata.drv
- Copy JDBC Libraries at ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/jlib/classes12.jar and appsutil
When you run “adpreclone.pl appsTier” On Apps Side
- This will create stage directory at $COMMON_TOP/clone. This also run in two steps.
- Techstack: Creates template files for Oracle_iAS_Home/appsutil/template and Oracle_806_Home/appsutil/template
- Creates Techstack driver files for IAS_ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/driver/instconf.drv and 806_ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/driver/instconf.drv
- APPL_TOP preparation: It will create application top driver file at $COMMON_TOP/clone/appl/driver/appl.drv-Copy JDBC libraries and $COMMON_TOP/clone/jlib/classes111.zip
- Now Shutdown all the services of Application and database to Copy the file System to target location.
On Target Machine
Run adcfgclone.pl for dbTier.
On database node
- cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutils/clone/bin
- perl adcfgclone.pl dbTier pwd=apps
- This will use the templates and driver files those were created while running adpreclone.pl on source system and has been copied to target system.
- Following scripts are run by adcfgclone.pl dbTier for configuring techstack
- adchkutl.sh — This will check the system for ld, ar, cc, and make versions.
- adclonectx.pl — This will clone the context file. This will ceate a new context file as per the details of this instance.
- runInstallConfigDriver — located in $Oracle_Home/appsutil/driver/instconf.drv
- Relinking $Oracle_Home/appsutil/install/adlnkoh.sh — This will relink ORACLE_HOME
- For data on database side, following scripts are runDriver file $Oracle_Home/appsutil/clone/context/data/driver/data.drv
- Create database adcrdb.zipAutoconfig is runControl file creation adcrdbclone.sql
- Run adcfgclone.pl for dbTier.
On Application Side
- cd $COMMON_TOP/clone/bin/
- perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier pwd=apps
- Following scripts are run by adcfgclone.pl:
- Creates context file for target adclonectx.pl
- Run driver files $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/driver/instconf.drv and $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/driver/instconf.drv
- Relinking of Oracle Home $ORACLE_HOME/bin/adlnk806.sh and $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/bin/adlnkiAS.sh
- At the end it will run the driver file $COMMON_TOP/clone/appl/driver/appl.drv and then runs autoconfig.
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master."