Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.7 Installation on Oracle VirtualBox
Step 1 is to install Oracle Virtual Box in your Windows Host after enabling Virtualization in bios of the machine.
Step 2 is to download OEL 5.7 64 bit from edelivery
Step 3 is to create the Virtual Machine by following Below Screenshots.
- Click New in Virtual Box to create a new Virtual Machine.
- Chose Name, Type as Linux and Version as Oracle (64 bit) and then click Next
- Chose Memory, it should be depending on what you are going to install on top of Linux
- Chose “Create a virtual hard drive now” and then click on Create
- Chose disk type as VMDK and then click Next
- Chose “Dynamically allocated” and then click Next
- Chose File Location and Size of the disk and then click on Create to create Virtual disk file, which will create a Virtual Machine as shown below:
- We need to make some changes to the machine after creating it. Select the machine and click on “Settings”
- Under “General” “Advanced” tab chose Bidrectional for both Shared Clipboard and Drag’n’Drop
- Chose Processor depending on how much memory that you allocated
- Chose Linux iso image file that you downloaded from edelivery.oracle.com by clicking “Controller: IDE” CD symbol
- Chose Network adapter as “Birdged Adapter” and then click on OK to complete the settings part.
Step 4 is to start the machine by click “Start” to install Linux
- Boot from the CD or DVD. At the boot screen, press the “Enter” key.
- Press the “tab” key to move focus to the “Skip” key, then press the “Enter” key to continue.
- On the “Welcome” screen, click the “Next” button.
- Select the appropriate language, then click the “Next” button.
- Select the relevant keyboard setting, then click the “Next” button.
- Click the “Yes” button on the disk partitioning warning dialog and then allow the installer to automatically partition the disk by clicking on the “Next” button.
- Set the Hostname manually by select manually & give hostname as you want here I used “fa.fusionappsdba.com”, here we can give network interface details later after completion of installation, So click “Next”.
- Select the relevant region by clicking on the map.
- Enter a root password for the server, then click the “Next” button to proceed.
- Check all packages & Select the “Customize now” option and the appropriate installation type and click the “Next” button.
- The “Package Group Selection” screen allows you to select the required package groups, and individual packages within the details section. Selection the package “Development” and Click “Optional Packages” as shown below,
- Select the Highlighted Packages “llbstdc++44……..” and “Imake-1.0.2-3……” as shown in the following screenshots…..
- Select “Base System ” & Go to “System Tools” , Click on “Optional packages” & Select package “oracle-validated-1.1.0-……….” as shown below….
- On the “About to Install” screen, click the “Next” button.
Note: Chose “oracleasm*” libraries if you want to use it for Oracle RAC Installation
- Wait Until the Installation Completes……………
- Click the “Reboot” button to complete the installation.
- After completion of Reboot , On the “Welcome” screen, click the “Forward” button.
- Accept the license agreement and click the “Forward” button.
- On the Firewall screen, choose the “Disabled” option and click the “Forward” button and Click the “Yes” button on the subsequent warning screen.
- On the SELinux screen, choose the “Disabled” option and click the “Forward” button and Click the “Yes” button.
- Accept the default setting on the Kdump screen by clicking the “Forward” button.
- Adjust the Date and Time settings if necessary, and click the “Forward” Button.
- Create an additional system user if required, and click the “Next” button & If you chose not to define an additional system user, click the “Continue” button on the resulting warning dialog.
- On the sound card screen, click the “Forward” button.
- On the “Additional CDs” screen, click the “Finish” button.
- Once the system has rebooted, you are presented with the login screen,Once logged in, you are ready to use the desktop and update the ip & hostname addresses in “/etc/hosts” as shown below….
- go to “neat” & update in network adapters also as shown below….
- Use “Service Network restart ” command to save & get effected with Network Configuration.
- This step applicable only who has installed on Oracle Virtual Box
Go to Device & Select Install Guest Additons, there you will get one window with Guest Additions, Select “VBoxLinuxAdditions.run” to install Guest Additions to get rid of issues with Windows.
Fifth Step is to Install Guest Additions
- Go to Devices and select Install Guest Additions
- Open New Terminal and copy Guest Additions as shown below
- Eject the Guest Additions CD
- Mount the Linux Software as shown below
- Go to Server directory in Linux Software and install the selected package as shown below
- Go to Guest Additions software location and install Guest Additions now as follows
Reboot your guest operating system once.
Oracle Enterprise Linux Completed….
Hope it Helps……….