Below are the list of Oracle Weblogic 12c (12.2.x) New Features:
1. New Graphical User Interface.
2. New Installation Modes:
- WebLogic Server—Installs WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence, but excludes the WebLogic Server code examples.
- Coherence Installation—Installs Oracle Coherence and WebLogic Server components needed to administer the life cycle of managed Coherence servers.
- Complete with Examples—Installs WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence, and the WebLogic Server code examples.
3. From 12c, Weblogic should be patched up using OPatch, Smart Update is no longer included with WebLogic Server.
4. Configuration Wizard Changes:
- Support has been added for configuring OHS and ODI system components in a WebLogic domain
- Node Manager configuration options have been changed and expanded
- You can use the Configuration Wizard to update a domain without adding additional templates to the domain
- A Clone function has been added to the Managed Servers screen, enabling you to create a new server by cloning an existing server
5. Managed Server Cloning:
- Using either the Configuration Wizard or WLST, you can create a new Managed Server by cloning an existing Managed Server. The cloned server inherits the attributes of the original server.
6. Domain Reconfiguration:
- The Domain Upgrade Wizard has been removed from WebLogic Server, and has been replaced with a Reconfiguration Wizard. The Reconfiguration Wizard updates an existing WebLogic domain to the current WebLogic Server release to take advantage of new features.
7. Dynamic Clusters:
- This release of WebLogic Server introduces dynamic clusters. A dynamic cluster is any cluster that contains one or more dynamic servers.
8. Oracle Database 12c Integration:
- This release of WebLogic Server adds support for Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Data Base Testing Using PINGDATABASE
9. Fusion Middleware Control: WebLogic Server can now be managed through Fusion Middleware Control. The following subsets of functionality are available:
- Server startup and shutdown
- WebLogic Server services, such as database connectivity (JDBC) and messaging (JMS)
- Application deployment
- Monitoring server and application performance